Molet House suffered damage to many of its structural timbers as a result of previous applications of cement render and non-breathable internal plaster. This issue was compounded by the raising of the adjacent pavement level over the years and the associated run-off.
- Extensive propping
- Isolation of services
- Render & plaster removal
- Rebuilding of plinth with new handmade bricks and lead DPC
- New structural grade oak sole plates, and replacement / repairs to corner posts and studs
- Sheep wool insulation
- Lime render & plaster on riven chestnut lathes
- Certificated recommissioning of services, including new boiler installation and additional radiators
Whilst on site, Brown and Ralph were also asked to:
- Replace windows with custom made accoya items utilising slimline ‘heritage’ double glazed units to emulate cylinder glass
- Clean and wax beams to marry new oak with original
Through the course of the works, Brown and Ralph were able to ensure that the 1st floor joists at Molet House were once again seated on a solid bearing.